SUSTAINABILITY REPORT continued
Providing a safe working environment
• Reduction of accident frequency rate (AFR) and accident severity rate (ASR) to 1.2 and 39 respectively, and an increase in near-miss reporting. • Further deployment of hazard identification and catastrophic risk modelling programmes to identify and prevent potential safety risks. • 59 health, safety and environment audits carried out globally. • Further deployment of our global personal safety programme thinkSAFE!. • 18 health and safety enforcement actions, resulting in penalties of $26,000.
• Strengthening and further developing our thinkSAFE! programme, including a focused campaign aimed at reducing hand injuries. • Full integration of Fokker into GKN health, safety and environment systems. • Preparing to transition to the new ISO 45001 international standard for occupational health and safety management from 2017. • Continued focus on catastrophic risk modelling across the business.
Reduction in AFR to 1.2 (2014: 1.381)
Reduction in ASR to 39 (2014: 461)
Respecting the rights of others
• 100% of leaders completed our Leadership Assurance process. • Divisional diversity and integration (D&I) action plans were created to focus on improvement, and D&I leadership training sessions were rolled out to all senior leaders.
Additional near misses reported
• Extension of our D&I leadership training to the next level of management with D&I awareness sessions rolled out to all employees across the Group. • New flexible working guidance to be piloted at some locations. • Continue to find ways to develop high-potential employees, particularly those from under-represented groups.
No. of employees made aware of our Code2
1 2 2014 figures restated to include contractors. Excludes Fokker employees, who will be briefed on the Code in 2016.
Developing our people
2015 performance 2016 priorities
• Roll out updated Company values and • Reintroduction of Group-wide leadership principles. International Graduate Programme (IGP). • Integration of our existing online • Launch of upgraded HR system and Learning Management System ‘Academy’ employee career management tool, into new ‘MyGKN’ system. ‘MyGKN’. • Implementation of our updated Positive Climate Index (PCI) process across all sites. • Roll out an improved biennial Global Employee Survey.
Speaking up when we see behaviour which is wrong
• The new GKN Code was communicated across the business, making clear what behaviours are expected of employees.
• Continued focus on promoting speaking up throughout GKN.
GKN plc Annual Report and Accounts 2015